MissSusie's Reviews > Insurgent

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

May 08, 12

bookshelves: audio, reviewed, ya
Read from May 03 to 08, 2012

In my review of Divergent I asked the question: is the whole world is split into factions or if it’s just Chicago well we get some of the answers to this in Insurgent and I cannot wait for the next book in this series to hear the rest of the story. It’s quite a revelation at the end of this book and WOW I don’t want to wait to read the next one!

I really enjoy this series, this was action packed and Tris was so guilt riddled from events in Divergent that she was even more of an adrenalin junkie than ever before. Or is she just trying to get herself killed?

We find out that Tris isn’t as unique and we thought in the first book and that causes major trouble in all the factions. We get a closer look at the factionless and there are some surprises there. Ok that’s all I can say without giving too much away.

I really enjoy this dystopian world, the factions are very interesting and we see how each one had its place and what they bring to the table. I like the relationship between Tris and Tobias (Four) they both are so flawed for different reasons and hold everything inside that nothing is easy for them including their relationship with each other. I also feel like this is a relationship not so much a romance there’s very few kissyface moments it’s about trust and respect and counting on each other , and we’ll see if in the end they can make it work or not.

Be warned the ending is a Huge cliffhanger and will leave you clamoring for the next book; Veronica Roth kept me completely fascinated throughout this book and sit in my garage so I didn’t have to stop listening because I just needed to know what happens next. Ms. Roth Please write fast because I want the next book NOW!!

Emma Galvin’s narration was again spot on she is the voice of Tris she reads this with great feeling and the emphasis is always right. One small thing was in one spot she said that Tris put her mouth over her hand not her hand over her mouth and I haven’t looked through the paper copy to find the exact spot to see if it was a typo in the book itself or if it was just a narrator oops. But it only took me out of the book for a minute or two and gave me a giggle.

This story just gets better I highly recommend if you like YA Dystopian.

4 ½ Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insurgent.

05/04/2012
50.0% "narrated by Emma Galvin"