Alfredo's Reviews > Distrust That Particular Flavor

Distrust That Particular Flavor by William Gibson

Jan 18, 12

Read from January 10 to 18, 2012

I was amazingly entertained by theses boo, despite picking it up after a collarbone operation. The day I came home I was reading some other book trying to sleep and I was nor getting to sleep, neither getting distracted from the pain and discomfort. I decided to switch to this book, I haven't done it earlier, because I know how the author feels about nonfiction, and I was pretty sure I had read most of the essays. But I was immersed in a lovely world of details and transpositions, that got me thinking and experiencing things that I wouldn't have. I am always amazed at how much I learn from things I wouldn't have guess I was interested in. How many discoveries in what, at the end, is a few pages. Thoroughly, enjoyed this book even though reading one handed, in a Kindle, is a horrible experience... any gesture, any itch, any need, means putting it down, no matter how much you want to read the next line and make the next discovery. That is how this book feels each line is a discovered treasure. Really, loved it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Distrust That Particular Flavor.