Christa's Reviews > Shelter Mountain

Shelter Mountain by Robyn Carr

Jul 01, 08

bookshelves: library
Read in July, 2008

What a wonderful series so far! It just made me feel good to read the first two books. Shelter Mountain, the second of the series, had so much to offer. It was emotional and heartfelt. I really love the way that the characters from the first book played such a large role in Shelter Mountain. The story was every bit as much about Jack and Mel Sheridan from the first book, Virgin River, as it was about Preacher and Paige, who were portrayed as the main characters in the book synopsis. The continuation of the story of Jack and Mel was touching, and it was good to revisit other characters from Virgin River. Shelter Mountain expands on the character of John "Preacher" Middleton, who gives shelter to a battered woman and her young son one night. The woman, Paige Lassiter, is on the run from her abusive husband, and the citizens in Virgin River, especially Preacher, take her in and offer her refuge and assistance.
The story of Preacher and Paige is satisfying, and the book brings in Mike Valenzuela and Brie Sheridan from Virgin River, in order to set up the next book in the series, Whispering Rock. This book made me laugh out loud and cry. It was a great read, and I can't wait to start on Whispering Rock.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shelter Mountain.

message 1: by Kathrynn (last edited Jul 02, 2008 06:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathrynn Robyn Carr has a website that has an entrance to "Jack's Bar." You can go in, pull up a chair and chat with folks...kinda neat...the author is there quite a bit, too.

I enjoyed how she continues with the characters she wrote about, but adds more. Nice!

Christa Thanks Kathrynn,
I will check out that website.