Sheryl's Reviews > Night Road

Night Road by Kristin Hannah

Feb 10, 12

bookshelves: favorites, family-drama, reviewed-by-me
Read from January 16 to 19, 2012

Someone could have just plunged their fist into my chest and taken out my beating heart and the result would have been the same!!

Books with happenings in the lives of teenagers really touch home with me. I have one of my own, so I feel deeply about the characters of these types of novels. I can sooo relate on a very personal level. I can't even begin to tell you how emotional this story was for me.... it was about the same level of emotion that I had when I read Jodi Picoult's, The Pact or Nineteen Minutes. If you read either of those, you know what I am talking about!

Kristin has this way of very slowly taking you through the lives of her characters....something that has taken me a few books to REALLY appreciate. It almost feels draggy in parts in the beginning, but there is a reason Kristin does this.... She wants you get to know these people on a very personal level before the tragedy strikes! So you can just sit at your desk at work and bawl your eyes out when something terrible happens to your new "best friend" or your super sweet new boyfriend... She has you become friends with them and fight with them; love & hate them and laugh & cry with them and then !BAM! she totally sticks it to you and crushes the living spirit right out of you, in someway or another! And I tell you what, it is very effective!!

Night Road is a story that could easily be true and going on in the lives of anyone that reads it. It's about friendship and young true love, trust and forgiveness and it is all so meaningful and pure. It all felt very real to me. I actually felt like I may have been reading someone's personal diary.

If you want to take a ride on this very emotional roller coaster, Night Road is your ticket on!! Strap yourself in and grab a box of tissues....I promise you will need them!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Road.

Quotes Sheryl Liked

Kristin Hannah
“Maybe time didn't heal wounds exactly, but it gave you a kind of armor, or a new perspective. A way to remember with a smile instead of a sob.”
Kristin Hannah, Night Road

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather Mize WOW! Such a compelling review. I added this book to my to-read.

Sheryl Thanks for commenting on my review and I hope you love it as much as I did!!!