Jane's Reviews > Scent of Darkness

Scent of Darkness by Christina Dodd

F 50x66
Jan 17, 12

Read in January, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I am torn on what to write about this book because I did end up enjoying the book. I did like the basic concept of the whole story, and am interested to see how things play out in the next three books. I do have some problems with it. I don’t really even like Jasha. This is what I don’t get—Ann, the really shy girl, decides to change and give the man her virginity. Really??? She goes to his “penis shaped” house and gets to see him change out of wolf form. She naturally runs. Then he runs her down, basically rapes her, and she find the icon. Then he is in Love? Okay, let’s tell the story really fast. How does he go from not noticing that she is a woman, not just an efficient assistant, to being so in love that he would die for her? (I think I just threw up in my mouth writing that) I just have problems believing that she is like “okay you really raped me but it’s okay because the sex was awesome.” The fact that he can change into a wolf because of a deal with the devil is much more believable. Then I will confess that I start changing my mind about the story. When they are on the run, I start to kind of like the progression. I wish the way they got together was different. But anyway, they run, start to really get to know each other, kill the bad guys and live to fight another day. I am going to read the other stories because you are introduced to the other people enough to want to know what happens with them. I just hope that Jasha is not in the next books a lot because I really still do not like him. He thinks that he is just a little to great.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scent of Darkness.