Agnes Preszler's Reviews > The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain

The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards

Jan 09, 12

I know it's a very popular book, but I didn't like it at all. It is boring and useless. If you have no experience in drawing it makes you believe that you can do it, so it's good for self confidence, but it deceives you because you'll never arrive to excellence with this method. Good drawing / painting requires constant practice and a good program. This book doesn't takes you anywhere.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Erick Everything you do in life... everything, if you want to master it, will require practice and practice, and how can you say it's useless when it's based on a nobel price? One thing is that you don't like to draw, and another is to say that this book will take you anywhere... It jumpstarted me in my career as an animator.

message 2: by Agnes (last edited Jul 24, 2012 06:35AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Agnes Preszler well, there may be some utility, this may be a good book for those who actually can't draw at all and they will arrive at some level, but no more. It's not my case. I could suggest a number of good drawing books (of Tony Ryder, Juliette Aristides and many many others, contemporary and classic authors) for those who are SERIOUS about drawing and want to arrive at PROFESSIONAL levels. Accepting the scientific view it contains (for example ovverride your brain's symbol using - this concept is contained in all valid drawing books by the way) there is not much practical advice. For me this book was useless, I prefer the classic method.