Pwilczewski's Reviews > The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman

The 4-Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss

U 50x66
Jan 09, 2012

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

This book is all about challenging conventional wisdom, leading a data driven life and pushing the human body to its limit. Although everything he describes is done to an extreme, I think there's a lot to learn from his experience. Interestingly enough a few weeks ago I had already planned on following much of his advice - i.e. before reading the book. Much of the book is based on other research that I had already read about but it was good to see it all in one place. He does a good job of making it accessible.

In terms of diet, he shows some convincing evidence that processed foods and simple sugars absolutely wreck your body. He advocates the paleo diet, definitely an extreme move but I've been trying a half-paleo diet and pretty much feel awesome all the time now. In regards to workouts he's reaffirmed my belief that its all about power and strength and that training for endurance is a waste of time. It'll come naturally (and more quickly) by training for the other two. And finally he has some good advice for how to sleep well and get women to orgasm faster (both very important).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 4-Hour Body.