Linnea's Reviews > Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M.: Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and The Dawn of the Modern Woman

Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M. by Sam Wasson

Jan 09, 12

I must preface this review with a common refrain - I love Audrey. So much so that I christened my rabbit with Audrey's surname. When I first watched BaT when I was a kid, I didn't understand what exactly Holly's profession was nor why Paul/Fred was living separately from his gal pal. Maybe it's because I was a completely naive kid, but i think it shows how George Axelrod succeeded in taming the situation. Of course,the movie wasnt aimed at young ones of my age bracket, but there you go. I enjoyed this book very much. I just don't realize how many people it takes to make a film, especially in the heavily censored fifties and sixties. I have to say, my favorite part was reading about the party scene and its choreography. I love the girl who is laughing in the mirror and the next, she's crying and the guy with the eye patch. Classic!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M..