Sariah's Reviews > All Creatures Great and Small

1207003
Jan 21, 2016

bookshelves: re-read
Read in January, 2009

This book is well, spectacular, in a normal day way. James Herriot had a way of showing how little annoying, silly, and/or normal everyday events are truly remarkable. This book has those fuuny moments, embarrasing moments with those sweet ones that can only be called miracles.

I have really enjoyed this book and I recomend it to everyone, whether you like animals or not (This one is different from other animal stories, because its not only about animals, but about a world of people with animals in it). It has been a healing journey reading this and has helped me become more patient, and hopefully better to be around.

Enjoy, and happy reading!

~Sariah
10 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Creatures Great and Small.

01/21 marked as: read

Natasha this is one of my favorite books! I hope you like it!

Natasha The above comment is actually from Nathanael, although I really enjoyed all of Herriot's books too.

message 3: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan K I fell the same way, I like it too! I love animals, apparently not everyone likes the book unfortunately...

Sariah Well I would say that is definitely their loss. I revisited this book a little bit, and I want to add, that I think it is hilarious. :)

message 5: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan K I know, such an enjoyable book! Some parts made me laugh, but the one part when the poor man's dog died are me cry... :'(

message 6: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan K I didn't mean to add the "are" in the sentence... :)