Kristen's Reviews > Shine Shine Shine

Shine Shine Shine by Lydia Netzer

Jul 08, 12

Recommended for: Young adults on up
Read from June 10 to 16, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: twice

What a wonderful wonderful book that Ms. Netzer has written. I loved it beyond reason. Such a beautiful and captivating tale of marriage, motherhood, robots, and about trying to be someone you aren't because you think that's how you need to be, then realizing what nonsense that is and going back to your true self.

I found myself laughing and crying while reading Shine Shine Shine. I didn't want it to end. I loved the characters. I enjoyed the flowing of time in the book. Ms. Netzer goes back and forth through time to fill you in on different things that happened to Sunny and Maxon at various points in their lives. I really can't describe how much I didn't want the book to end. I wanted it to keep going - to hear about the little girl and the things that Bubber did later in life.

I love it when the characters in books begin to feel like old friends letting you in on secrets they are telling. Lydia Netzer sucked me into this book and I didn't want to leave it.

I dearly hope that Shine Shine Shine knocks that drivel Fifty Shades of Grey right out of the top spot of the NYT Best Sellers list. Ms. Netzer's book is incredibly well written and the story is one that I will read again and again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shine Shine Shine.