Spuddie's Reviews > The Desert Spear

The Desert Spear by Peter V. Brett

Jan 01, 15

Read in December, 2014

A good second entry in the Demon-Cycle series...but I have to admit I didn't like it nearly as well as book one, which I thought was stunning. Part of the issue is that it was very disorienting to have the first almost half the book be about a character totally different from the main character in book one. I almost wondered briefly whether I had stumbled onto a different series by the author. By the time I had gotten used to the totally different culture, names and people in that group, the point of view switched back to the characters from book one. I'm sure this was further complicated by the fact that I listened to the audio version, and not having the print words in front of me to associate with a given person or group or thing, kept getting them mixed up.

That said, once the intersection of these two groups of people and their relation was made plain, things got much more interesting, and I suspect the next book will be awesome! I love the writing style and the premise for this series, so am looking forward to great things from The Daylight War.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Desert Spear.

12/14 marked as: currently-reading