Laurie Zagurski's Reviews > Final Gifts: Understanding the Special Awareness, Needs, and Communications of the Dying

Final Gifts by Maggie Callanan

Jan 09, 12

I have purchased and given away SO many copies of this book! When my own mom was in Hospice House, the nurses recommended this book to all of us girls (me and my 3 sisters). When people have terminal illnesses they often share experiences and the people they see as they make their journey to the next life.

Unfortunately, many friends and family members will write-off these experiences to "the meds" or "their illness." This book helps you open your eyes and heart to these "FINAL GIFTS" that the dying give to you when they share these experiences.

After reading this book, we were very open-minded. My mom began to share beautiful things with us. I used to be afraid of death - not any more. I know one day my mom will come back to help me with my transition.

If you ever want to ask me, I will GLADLY share some stories with you. Thank God for this book. It's a great book for anyone who has a friend or family member dealing with a terminal illness. A must read for them BEFORE their loved one reaches those final days.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Final Gifts.