Alaska's Reviews > A Perfect Blood

F 50x66
Mar 10, 2012

liked it
Read from March 09 to 10, 2012

I love Kim Harrison. I love Rachel Morgan. And I liked this book simply because I like the characters. But not as much as the other ones. For one thing, Al is missing for most of it and I like me some Al. For another Rachel whines...ALOT. There is way too much "Rachel feeling left out and mopey" for me to love it. She also gets her butt kicked all over kingdom come and never really gets any back. I also did not like the fact that it was obvious who the "mole" was to me--but not to characters I have always felt were smart. Also, we know that Rachel has man issues--she really has a pretty messed up track record...but she really feels like a confused teen in this and that is just not what I think of her. Similarly, all the characters were slightly less shiny and with it. Maybe they are all tired from the last few story lines. The brightest light is the new girl--who comes out of nowhere to be tough (but still shallow at the end? "All I care is that I have feet again"?!? Okay, I take it back. I endured this book so I could see what happened. And I am waiting for the next one. But please, please please...can Rachel quit whining, acting 15 and in love and kick some butt in the next one?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Blood.