Madilyn's Reviews > Larkstorm

Larkstorm by Dawn Rae Miller

Nov 30, 14

bookshelves: 2012-reads, ya, giveaway, post-apocalyptic-dystopian-utopian
Recommended for: fans of dystopian fiction, witches, and fated-to-fail romance
Read from January 30 to 31, 2012 — I own a copy

I really like the cover. It's pretty and unique. I liked the dystopian feel and saw potential, but overall.. it fell way flat for me.

I wasn't a fan of this. It was choppy and slow to start and the description on the back led me to thinking this story was going to be totally different from what it actually was. There were a couple of typo issues in the copy I had, but most of the confusion was towards the beginning of the book. I'm not a fan of either Lark or Beck.. didn't feel any sympathy for their situation as they just made it worse and worse. The ending I didn't outright guess, which I appreciate, but I honestly don't think I'll read the next in the series. Sorry. I feel really terrible that I didn't really like this seeing as I got it for free. :/

**In compliance with FTC guidelines, I'm disclose that I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads on January 30th 2012.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Larkstorm.

Monica ooh, I'm so jelly! I really want to read this book, but I couldn't find the hardcopy anywhere, so I had to buy it from Amazon.