Melly's Reviews > Living Violet

Living Violet by Jaime Reed

Jan 14, 12

bookshelves: nook, makes-my-heart-swell, cover-love, books-i-own, paranormal, young-adult
Read from January 09 to 13, 2012

LIVING VIOLET is a great book! It’s unique and exciting and it’s SO MUCH BETTER than I could’ve imagined. I want Samara to be my friend! She’s hilarious and her sarcastic attitude is priceless. I love that she’s not the perfect “cookie cutter girl” that all the guys want to be with. She has flaws! Imagine that. Samara is no damsel in distress. She can hold her own and I love it. She works in a book store café (how cool is that?) along with her crazy coworker/friend Nadine. I love anything and everything that Nadine says, she’s great. I can totally hear her accent when she speaks.

Samara is pretty much the only girl not falling over herself to get a chance at her coworker Caleb. She doesn’t understand why girls will stop at nothing to get him. Caleb (insert swoon here) has amazing violet eyes and he’s well aware that he’s irresistible to the opposite sex. Strange things begin to happen, and Samara wants to get to the bottom of it. She has no idea what she’s in for…

I can’t wait to read more about Samara and Caleb and all that’s in store for them. Bring on BURNING EMERALD and FADING AMBER! Jaime Reed, you are awesome, never stop writing. The world needs more of your stories.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Living Violet.

01/10/2012
20.0% "I already love Samara and her sarcasm. And hello, Caleb."
01/12/2012
42.0% "This book is awesome!"