Dani (Pen to Paper)'s Reviews > Untouched

Untouched by Jus Accardo

Apr 18, 12

bookshelves: kindle, review-books
Read from April 09 to 18, 2012

Reviewed for the author on Pen to Paper.

I have been so excited to read more from this series for so long now - I LOVED Touch - and although this is a short read, it's definitely keeping me going for now... until I can get my hands on Toxic, anyway!

Kale is one of my absolute favourite YA heroes at the moment - he's tough, protective and loyal, but oh so naive, which makes him both cute and hilarious, all in one go! It's an interesting mixture, and it really does work with his character. He also complements Dez's character really well - they really do make the best couple!
I was so excited when I saw that this was going to be from Kale's point of view - he definitely deserves to be given narrative voice for a while.
It took a little while to get used to the story being told by him - having become so used to Dez's voice in Touch - but it worked really well, and we get to see more of his adorable thoughts when he's presented with something he doesn't understand - especially phrases - it's pretty hilarious!
And of course, we see his character struggle with some painful memories from the past, as an unwanted reminder shows up in the form of Samsen. But Kale, as always, manages to overcome this in his own way, without losing himself in the process - luckily Dez is always there to reassure him - they're so cute together!

As for the story, I really enjoyed the way it ran so seamlessly from Touch into this. At the end of Touch, we know that they are going around, finding more sixes, and warning them about the dangers of Denazen, so it was great to actually see them doing this, and then to get to know one of the new characters.
Kiernan is really great too - it sounds as though she still needs some convincing, but I'm looking forward to seeing how she'll get on in Toxic - which I'm assuming she will have a small part in, at least - I'm hoping.

There's not really too much else that I can say about it, without giving too much away - so what I will say is Kale Love!
If you love him, get this! You're going to love it!
And if you've not come across Jus' stuff before - where have you been living? Go out and get Touch - you will not be disappointed!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Untouched.

04/09/2012