L-D's Reviews > Dawn of Darkness

Dawn of Darkness by Daniel A. Kaine

Essentially this book hit all my hot buttons. I'm a big fan of apocalypse-themed books, but throw in paranormal/psychic abilities, shifters, vampires AND soldiers? What more could a girl ask for?

Mikhail is a Daeva that just graduated from the Military Academy with his team. Daeva's are humans with psychic abilities. Mik's own ability is to alter the emotions of those around him. Ash, the team leader, is an empath and is one of the few who is immune to Mik's power.

The other team members are Kat, Brad, and Lucas - I'll not list their abilities and allow the readers to learn that for themselves. The Daeva teams have been trained and assembled in order to fight the war against vampires, who are blamed for the plague that brought on the apocalypse. After learning some strange information, Mik starts digging in deeper to gain further insight until he discovers that his nosiness is not appreciated. Thus begins a troubling journey for truth and a battle for freedom.

I really enjoyed this book on many levels. The relationship between Ash and Mik was really beautiful and their vulnerability made their trust in each other even more touching. I thought the book was exciting and well-paced. I enjoyed the secondary characters and can't wait to learn more about them in the next book. The book ended with a bit of a cliff-hanger, so I can't wait for book 2 to be released!

A definite recommend from me.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dawn of Darkness.