Sarah's Reviews > The Ghost Map: The Story of London's Most Terrifying Epidemic - and How It Changed Science, Cities, and the Modern World

The Ghost Map by Steven Johnson

Jun 30, 2008

bookshelves: nonfiction, own
Read from February 25 to March 01, 2011

So I totally thought this was about the plague, but it's not. It's about the cholera epidemic of the mid-19th century. Regardless, it's still a well-written and fascinating look at history. I suppose disease and epidemics have always intrigued me. It's interesting to see how certain individuals came together and used what crude science techniques existed then to solve the mystery of the epidemic. Very good. Reminds me how much I can enjoy non-fiction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ghost Map.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah Emily wrote: "I've had this book on my list to read ever since we talked about Snow and the cholera thing in my Epidemiology class last year. Glad to know it's a good read."

yeah, it was definitely enjoyable and interesting, although some of it might not be so exciting to you since you already know the story of Snow.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah Emily wrote: "Eh, I know the basics, but not the whole story. I'm sure I'll still find it interesting. :)"

well, good. i hope you do!