Felicia Rogers's Reviews > Solo

Solo by Sarah Schofield

Jan 24, 12

Read from January 09 to 11, 2012

I read this book in two days, not because it was short but because it was good!

Every once in awhile you stumble across a book that touches your heart. A novel that uses normal life and normal situations to garner your attention. One that takes a simple thing like romance between two people, two young adults, and makes love real. And that is what I found in Solo.

This book was a joy to read. It is a YA romance novel that is simply that, romance. It uses a real life situation to place a young teenage girl where she doesn’t want to be. But instead of making the most of what she is offered, she hides away. Why make friends if you will only be around for a year?

Eliana is extremely talented in the area of dance but initially she doesn’t tell a soul. She practices away from everyone else keeping this part of her life a secret. Lucas, a baseball player, and popular boy at her new high school, takes an interest in her and things start to change. Suddenly the "solo" lifestyle is not for her.

I enjoyed reading about how Eliana is confident in herself. How she is respectful to her mother and her grandparents. How even in a tough situation she finds a way to make her life work.

All I can say is I can’t wait to read the sequel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Solo.