Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)'s Reviews > Half Black Soul

Feb 16, 2012

bookshelves: reviewed
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: RI&R
Read from February 14 to 16, 2012

I received this book as a part of the RI&R program.

To say I was waiting on baited breath for this one is an understatement. The first book was amazing. I may have held my hopes a little too high or my mood wasn’t right for reading young adult. And it pains me not to like it as much as the first. But honestly there are a lot of great series where one book may fall short of the others, but not again not so bad as to take away from the series as a whole.

This book was a departure from the first book. Most of the book we were inside the heads of Alexa and Nelly. The first book was more external and word building. Let me start first with Nelly. (view spoiler) Let’s just say I wasn’t a big fan of Nelly’s POV.

Alexa, who, while being inside her head was a bit scary. This book was darker than the first. (view spoiler)

One more thing. (view spoiler)

However, I still found this book to be enjoyable. Once I hit the hurdle, I could barely put it down. I truly look forward to the next book. I only think it will enhance everything we’d learned so far.

I really think a lot of how I felt may have been related to the mood I was in while reading. So for those of you Blood Warrior fans, don’t take my word for it. Read it. It’s a really good series. And for those who haven’t. Give it a try, you won’t regret it.

My Book Boyfriend is Kayden. (That is if he cut is wonderful hair).

Photobucket

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Half Black Soul.