Mandy J. J.'s Reviews > Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth

Aug 07, 12

bookshelves: audio-books, i-own
Read in January, 2012

MY REVIEW:

This book is about 12 different spiritual disciplines and teaches us about them and how we can incorporate them into our daily lives. I appreciate the idea of this book and his organization of categorizing them for us. However, I was not able to finish this book despite the easy listening audio format.

There were multiple things that I didn't quite agree with and then phrases that left me feeling quite uncertain about his exact beliefs. While I want to know more about and grow in applying spiritual disciplines to my life, I will be looking for other books to read. After so many eyebrow raises and too many words I set this one aside. I personally feel it should be read with discernment and think that there would be more options that address the topic with better clarity.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Celebration of Discipline.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz Are you going to review this one on your blog? I was interested in this book because our ladies Bible study has been emphasizing disciplines in the last few months. If it's only 2 stars, maybe I should pass on it.

Mandy J. J. Yes, I am working on my review that will post both here and on my blog.

message 3: by Bobby (new)

Bobby hm...did you try to learn ot to read about modern spiritual techniques and disciplines? Tried to compare them?