Samantha's Reviews > Half-Blood

7092069
Jan 17, 12

bookshelves: ya-paranormal, hottest-male-leads, series-book-1
Read from January 16 to 17, 2012

I have to say overall I really enjoyed this book. I liked the strong heroine and her kick ass attitude. I also liked watching her grow and mature throughout the book.

Some people say this book reminds them of Vampire Academy. I couldn't get that idea out of my head and I must say I can't not agree. Although I think Alexandria has it a bit harder than Rose did. At least Dhampirs weren't drugged into servitude when they messed up their training :/

I think the direction this series is going will set it apart from VA but right now I am seriously craving a VA reread and more specifically Rose and Dimitri time. At least it will give me something to do until the next Covenant installment comes out!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Half-Blood.

Quotes Samantha Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Okay. I’m ready to move onto something else, like practicing with knives or defense against the dark arts. Cool things.”
“Did you just quote Harry Potter?”
Jennifer L. Armentrout, Half-Blood

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Two people see each other across a room or their skin brushes. Their souls recognize the person as their own. It doesn’t need time to figure it. The soul always knows… whether it’s right or wrong.”
Jennifer L. Armentrout, Half-Blood