Tiffany's Reviews > A Scandal in Bohemia

F 50x66
Jan 09, 2012

liked it
Read in January, 2012

A Scandal in Bohemia by Arthur Conan Doyle was a very interesting and exciting book. I like the book because it caught my attention to how Sherlock Holmes solves cases like its nothing. Many of us could solve these cases if we actually pay attention and observe everything around us just like Sherlock Holmes does. A Scandal in Bohemia is about this beautiful young lady named Irene Adler who uses her beauty to deceive and blackmail a man named Count Von Kramm who is engaged to be married to Clotilde Lothman Von Saxe-meningen. Count had an affair with Irene, Irene was a dangerous sneeky lady who was smart enough to take a photograph. Count tries to do everything in his power to get the photograph back his last resort was to call in Sherlock Holmes. Holmes has three days to get the picture back and figure out the mystery bout this Irene Adler lady. Holmes plays a trick on her by setting off the fire alarm so she would show him where the picture is. As Holmes begins to walk away someone happened to approach him and say " goodnight Holmes". Which caught Holmes off guard, the next day Holmes called Count to tell him the good news. As they go back to Irene's house they found the photograph and a note to Holmes explaining what happened, how it happened, and why.

I thought in my opinion the short story was okay. It was interesting as to how a lady like that would use how beauty to deceive men to her own purposes. If anyone likes Sherlock Holmes story's i would recommend you to read this story as to its a great mystery book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Scandal in Bohemia.

05/02 marked as: read