Erik's Reviews > The Amory Wars, Volume 1: The Second Stage Turbine Blade

The Amory Wars, Volume 1 by Claudio Sánchez

M 50x66
Jan 09, 2012

bookshelves: finished-irp, american-humanities

(First and foremost, I read all of the books in this series so I will be posting a full series review if that’s possible, thanks.)

The Amory Wars: The Second Stage Turbine Blade, starts off running, you are thrown into the dream of one, Coheed Killgannon who you later learn is part of an anti terrorist group called the KBI. He dreams about killing a space crew and escaping a space station. He later learns that the dream he has is part of a disease called Monstar which he passed on through heredity to his children. His wife, Cambria also has this disease and is also part of the KBI. About halfway through the first volume you meet Deftinwolf who tells Coheed that he has to kill his children because it is the only way for the universe to survive. The children of the couple have the Sinstar Virus is an evolution of the Monstar. Sinstar is able to shut down stars by cooling them down. So it could potentially destroy the universe. It becomes increasingly difficult for the two, because Coheed poisons his first two children and can’t make the decision on how to kill the other two. The book however primarily focuses on Claudio, the only surviving child, and his experience through heavens fence (The Universe).
My opinion about this book is really positive. I loved this series, it was absolutely perfect. Every word fit the situation and it was really exciting. While also showing how much it would suck to be chased 3 superpowers. It shows love really well too, this is one of the books you can’t really explain accurately because too much happens to really explain in under an hour, Or in this case, in under 10 pages. The entire story seems unbelievable, but borderline realistic.
If I was able to rate this book, I would rate it considerably higher than the rubric allows. At least 20/5, but for purposes of this review I will keep it to 5/5. As I said in my opinion the words fit seemingly perfect together. It also gives you the option to listen to music by the band, Coheed and Cambria, to further understand the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Amory Wars, Volume 1.

message 1: by Ms. Landers (new)

Ms. Landers It sounds like you really enjoyed the book. I am glad that you found a series that you really enjoy!

message 2: by Jessi (new)

Jessi Do you happen to know if there are any online versions of it which title I should start with. I had always wanted to pick this up and never had an opportunity.