Shannon (aka Readergirl)'s Reviews > Crave

Crave by Melissa Darnell

Apr 10, 12

bookshelves: favorites

I want more RIGHT NOW!! Great book. It had just about everything you need to make a perfect mix. The adventure/mystery in the story was there, with Savannah having to figure out the changes in herself, what's going on with those around her, and where her family comes from. Then there's the aspect of her being an outcast among her peers. She has one or two people who like her, but it must be strange to go to school and know that everyone hates you, and not in the regular, (normal?) 'kids can be so cruel' variety. More like a 'we have a strange, unknown vendetta against you and would be perfectly happy to see you dead' kind. Then she has some pretty weird changes going on in her body (don't think puberty, think paranormal). And then... there's the strange, undeniable, and unctrollable attraction and emotion she feels toward the leader of the kids that hate her...Tristan. And his for her! What a combination.

This book just worked for me. In every way. I was utterly captivated and sucked in from the very first page, the first sentence! And I stayed up all night to finish reading it. I'm not sure what it was that made it so perfect for me, but it just had that indefinable magic to it (no pun intended) that made it compelling and made me unable to put it down.

Savannah is a strong character, interesting, and Tristan was just absolutely adorable, sexy, honorable, and intriguing. Where this story takes them was shocking, and I hate that it ended there! I want more! I have got to find out what happens next.

Great story, awesome, fluid writing with great pacing. Put this one on your To Be Read pile and you won't regret it. I can't wait for the next one, Covet, coming out some time this year.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crave.