Louise's Reviews > The Calypso Directive

Jun 06, 12

bookshelves: medical-fiction, suspense, thriller
Read from April 06 to 10, 2012

A Terrific Thriller!

The novel starts off with a daring escape sequence and the pace never slows down. It is the kind of book you want get back to reading as soon as possbile. I would categorize this book as a science thriller, but don't let that scare you. The author delves into the science behind how the immune system works, and I always enjoy novels where I learn something besides just rooting for the characters.

The heart of the story follows Will Foster (an Average Joe) who unknowingly possesses a genetic mutation that the villain wants to steal and turn into a billion dollar pharmaceutical. Foster is beaten down, on the run, and he must unravel the mystery before time runs out for him. If you enjoy novels with lots of moving puzzle pieces that keep you guessing to the end (like the James Rollins Sigma Books, or David Baldacci novels) then you will enjoy this book.

Also worth mentioning, the author did something that I think is pretty cool. He wrote a free short story, called Ring of Flowers, that ties into this novel. I actually discovered Ring of Flowers first, which is how I stumbled upon this book, but I recommend reading the novel first (it makes more sense that way). Overall, both are great reads and you won't be disappointed!
The Calypso Directive
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Calypso Directive.