Jennie's Reviews > Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony

Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton

Jan 16, 12

bookshelves: 2012, library, non-fiction
Read from January 09 to 11, 2012

I just have to start by saying that I didn't really follow the trial. I watched it when it was on in the morning shows and I watched some Dateline or 20/20 special.

I thought this was a great book. I took some of it with a grain of salt since it was written by the prosecution standpoint. I thought the investigation leading up to the trial were facinating since a lot of it was hearsay, inadmissable or left out at trial. It definitely didn't put Casey in any better light.

I guess Jose Baez wasn't as smooth of an attorney as I saw him protrayed. I guess it didn't matter since he still got a non-guilty for Casey. I thought that Jeff Ashton nitpicked a bit to much and found it irritating at times.

I thought I'd always like to be a juror in a trail but when trial was presented it made me think twice. It would be especially when it came to closing arguements. I would've been nodding off.

I really enjoyed the book and read it in a couple of days. The only downgrade on the star was when Jeff was dwelling on the outcome of of the jury and the constant comments about Joes Baez.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Imperfect Justice.

01/09/2012 page 165
64.0% "I picked this book on a whim at the library. Wow, this may be a bit skewed since it from the prosecution but it sheds some light from inadmissable and hearsay evidence."
show 1 hidden update…