Merrin's Reviews > Lover Enshrined

Jun 30, 08

bookshelves: vampires, read-in-12, shame-i-has-none
Read in March, 2012

Dear JWard,

V's book and Phury's book both make me incredibly happy that your behind-the-scenes book exists. I really kind of hated both of these books prior to reading the background, but understanding your take on things and your reasoning actually helps me like everything more.

I've already talked about my problems with V's book, so in this one? I need you to know that I don't find addiction terribly endearing or sexy. The withdrawal sweats are not the awesome, "help I've just been shot protecting my woman" kind of hurt/comfort I normally look for in my romance novels. But I appreciate you wanting to show the flawed side of heroes, and honestly, I also appreciate that you can only write what the characters want to do, and for Phury that apparently meant a lot of drugs.

Also, hi. These are romance novels, but you spent 3/4 of the book concentrating on other characters and their problems and setting up Lash as a bad guy and only 1/4 of the book actually concentrating on putting Phury and Cormia in a room to see what happens. And that? Makes a romance kind of boring.

I do, however, kind of like the plots you set up here, so that complaint is kind of a toss up. Your books are not precisely what I'm looking for in a romance novel, but I like them all the same. Good on you, I guess?

Also, can we please have Qhuinn/Blaylock's epic romance story SOONER rather than LATER?

Thanks, Merrin

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Enshrined.