Helen Mcbay's Reviews > Perfect People

Perfect People by Peter James

F_50x66
Jan 09, 12

Read in January, 2012

Having read and enjoyed all of Peter's Roy Grace novels I thought I would give his stand alone novel, Perfect People a go.
I struggled to get through the first 50 pages; I don't know if this is because I am not very scientifically minded or if not much was really happening. However, I ploughed on and am glad I did. The novel picked up pace after this with loads going on to keep the pages turning especially in the latter stages of the book.
This book took Peter James 10 years to write and he has quite obviously done a lot of research into genetics and 'designer babies.' What this book essentially does through the telling of the story is highlight the pros and cons of genetic engineering. It is a book which will make you think of these negatives and positives. The ending of the book was certainly thought provoking...I did not see that one coming!
I think that this would be an ideal book for reading groups as whether or not people enjoy the book the issues raised in the book is guaranteed to lead to a varied and lively discussion/debate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect People.