Mark Muckerman's Reviews > Assholes Finish First

Assholes Finish First by Tucker Max

Jan 16, 12

Read from January 09 to 12, 2012

Sadly, where I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell was a funny compliation of truly hysterical, and well told stories of the drunken misadventures of Tucker & Co, with humorous interludes detailing Tucker's "unique style of transient romance", Assholes Finish First is a disappointing follow up. Far less a compilation of sponteaneous antics and drunken shennanigans, AFF comes across as much more Tucker's narcisstic homage to the self, wrapped in tales of disposable conquests, which, from anyone else would be borderline misogynistic. If there is at all a palatable component to this work, it must be Tucker's attempt to wrap 300 pages of "me and my penis" stories in a cautionary tale with two morals: 1) don't ever believe your own hype; 2) wrap up your junk and be careful where you put it.

Entertaining? Mildly. Recommended? Not really, at least not worth the hardcover price. Still some humorous bits and worth keeping a paperback version on the back of the can, but overall it feels forced; an understandable challenge to repeat the piss in your pants hilarity of IHTSBIH.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Assholes Finish First.