Uriah's Reviews > Blue Fire and Ice (Land’s Tale, #1)

Blue Fire and Ice (Land’s Tale, #1) by Alan Skinner

Jan 08, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, kindle

While "buying" a bunch of free books for my kindle app, this book came up as a recommendation. Before I realized it, I had clicked on it and spent real money on it. If nothing else, the book was a $4.99 lesson to pay attention.

This story was fairly interesting. I would have given it 3.5 stars if I could. It concerns a group of three races who live peacefully together in a valley. One of the races is being attacked and soon all three races pitch in to find the perpetrator. The races are well imagined and don't feel like knock-offs from any other book. I especially liked the Muddles.

The story was plodding at points but had some excitement as well. It definitely is aimed at younger readers. The book is 100% clean which is always nice. I don't know that I ever would have bought this on my own but it was an interesting and sometimes fun read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Fire and Ice (Land’s Tale, #1).

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alan (new)

Alan Hello, Uriah

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Blue Fire and Ice. It is always valuable to get feedback from readers, even if it isn't unreserved praise. And I do sympathise with you about clicking unawares; I've done it myself. I console myself wishing that all the things I regret in life had cost only $4.99!

May you get enjoyment and fun out of the other books you bought.

Cheers

Alan

Uriah Thanks Alan. I suppose I might have been a little prejudiced in the beginning since I felt badly about buying it. I did enjoy the latter parts of the book much more. In the beginning it was just very difficult for me to see where the story was going.

That said, I will probably give it to my kids to read as something good for them. I appreciate books that have a good message and are clean.

Good luck!

message 3: by Paul (new) - added it

Paul Devall It's now free for Kindle on Amazon. Thanks for the review.