Darby's Reviews > Blood Noir

Blood Noir by Laurell K. Hamilton

Aug 24, 12

bookshelves: 2008, scifi-fantasy, vampire-werewolves, 2012
Read in July, 2008

** spoiler alert ** I am not even sure I understand why this book is labeled as next in the series. I never read the Micah book because of all the bad reviews, but I have to think this is similar. It was back to the same style that the fans are critizing - quite bit of sex - not very good sex either. And I just don't feel like the story added anything valuable to the series. I was so disappointed and thankful I checked it out from the library instead of buying it like I usually do with this series. I am even a Jason fan and couldn't stand it. I was so happy when the Harlequin seemed to heading back to that original style of the first books in the series - with Edward there and a story/plot. But this book seems to be going backwards again. The book just seemed like a way to get Anita to have sex with Jason. Not much substance to the story. BIG disappointment!

ADDED 8/24/12: I have reread this book and I can say I upped the star from 1 to 2. Because this time, frankly, I enjoyed the story more. I enjoyed some of the interactions with Jason and Richard. I do think though what is getting old with the series is the constant introspective look where everything has to be analyzed to death why Anita does something. Sometimes life has complicated situations that you just act on and that seems like Anita - so why add all the same introspective naval gazing every single time. I mean once I get, but over and over gets boring.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Noir.