Joel's Reviews > Animals in Translation: Using the Mysteries of Autism to Decode Animal Behavior

Animals in Translation by Temple Grandin

Jan 08, 12

I really enjoyed reading this book, and also enjoyed the level of thinking I did after really different passages. The book gives you many introductions to different aspects of animals and also to people with autism. The book it many parts animals welfare but more parts about the brain and the way the brian works in different animals and in humans. I especially liked the ideas of humans and wolves evolving together each giving up certain traits and gaining others as e evolved together over the last 100,000 years. While I don't have any dogs now, I am glad to have read this book before getting another, The other part of the book i liked was the animals and language sections. I have always been fascinated by Prairie dogs and look forward to visiting one of there wild locations even more after reading the section on prarie dogs and languge. The idea that many languages are based on music vs words is wonderful.. looking for ward to the time when we can translate all the various animals to see what they are up to.

thanks to the author for writing this book.

joel

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Animals in Translation.