Roxanne Kade's Reviews > A Demon Made Me Do It

A Demon Made Me Do It by Penelope King

Jan 08, 12

bookshelves: loved-couldn-t-put-down
Read on January 07, 2012

WOW! How do I even put into words how fantastic this book is?

I fell right into the story from the very first page and couldn't put it down. It was an electric charge of emotions from the get go and never once did it fail to impress me. The characters are all amazing, so well written and unique. Normally there is at least one character who gets on my nerves, but it was impossible to dislike any of them.

The story starts with Liora, an average teen with a supernatural secret. She shares her body with a demon. She tries her best to conceal this fact, but with great difficulty as the demon is restless and likes to make an appearance once in a while. Liora is an outcast, distancing herself from people because she believes there is no way she can live a happy, normal life.

When night falls, Liora sleeps and Lucky awakens. She is a kick ass demion who takes no prisoners and enjoys tormeting "sapies" (humans) and demons alike, who rightfully deserved to be tormented! I felt her tough exterior was a mask for the tumultuous feelings she keeps hidden inside, and she continually blames Liora for weakening her with those emotions, instead of owning up to them.

Of course, what would a great paranormal romance be without some delicious eye candy!?

Bones, the hot as hell (no pun intended) incubus/hell hound. Lucky's best friend, who would chew off his own arm just to be with her. But his cavorting ways are always in the forefront of Lucky's mind and although she loves him, the thought of sharing him with anyone else is unbearable. But Bones cannot change what he is and what he has to do to survive, which leaves me wondering, can there ever be anything between them?

Then there is Kieron, with his movie star good looks and charm. Kieron steps into the lives of both Liora and Lucky, and he quickly falls for both of them. Even though Kieron lies and keeps secrets, it's really difficult to fault him in anyway. He always makes amends for his actions and besides, everything he does is in Liora/Lucky's best interests.

I really loved this book in every way! The only disappointing thing about it was that it had to end!! I wanted to cry when I got to the last page and realised that was it!! So, naturally, I wasted no time in purchasing Fire with Fire, the second book in the Demonblood series. Although it is still very early in the new year, I have no doubt that the Demonblood series is going to be a strong contender for my favourite series read in the year 2012.

Thank you to the R2R team :) and to Penelope King for giving me the opportunity to read A Demon Made Me Do It!

8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Demon Made Me Do It.

message 1: by Judith (new)

Judith Post Terrific review! What a sales pitch for a book that sounds wonderful.