Del's Reviews > Blue Moon

Blue Moon by Alyson Noel

Jan 08, 12

bookshelves: annoying-characters, read-in-2012
Read in January, 2012

As we continue on Ever and Damen's story ... some of the questions on the previous book were answered but still the Immortal concept and how it really is is still confusing. There is no limit on the kind of power an immortal can posses and there is no certain rule to be obsereved so as to keep immortals in check. It is so bothersome how a fellow Immortal can use his/her power against another Immortal without any means of deffence given the latter. Furthermore, the book insinuates that an Immortal can play god among the mortals and immortals. And to think that Immortals have existed for 600 years and have not established a society or a group goverened by some kind of Immortal council or something is so far fetched. Surely, even an Immortal would seek the company of other Immortals considering they would have to lead lonely lives if they walked among the mortal world for eternity. Watching their comrades die while they are left behind. (Immortal Rogues don't count, however!)

Now on with the book itself, I just feel really bad for Ever. Having to find a cure for Damen's illness and having to face the entire school body alone. Being called a freak, spaz and stalker! (view spoiler) I was hoping Damen would have been more the all powerful Immortal he is, if not the Romeo he is to Ever. Damen was really a disappointment in this book. It was all up to Ever proving all the love and affection (the fact that most of her decisions were stupid don't matter anymore for me) while Damen was comfortable being "ill". Up to this point, I don't see how Damen ever loves Ever. (view spoiler) I still have to read more of him proving his love to her if I ever have to say this series is not a real disappointment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Moon.