Lorraine's Reviews > O, Yes You Can!

O, Yes You Can! by O: The Oprah Magazine

Jan 08, 12

Read in January, 2012

“Love Your Life!” is an anthology of over 75 articles from O, the Oprah Magazine. Ordinarily, not a book I would pick up to read. However, since it was a Book Club selection, I made a commitment to read it. It is really a self-help book covering diet, beauty, happiness, spirituality, relationships, community, finances and other topics related to helping you live your life fully and recognizing your dreams and reaching your goals.

Some of the articles are more meaningful than others. Some are truly touching—for example “I Will Never Know Why.” It is written by the mother of Dylan Klebold, the Columbine killer who committed suicide. I can’t imagine what she went through and how she manages to carry on after such devastation.

I learned that there is a guy—Albert Fischer who has been donating his O-type blood every 56 days since Truman was President, for 58 years.

I learned that there are milk banks to help premature babies. Lynn Page pumped 56 gallons of milk while her baby, born premature was hospitalized for 6 months and then donated it all to a Milk Bank. Unfortunately, her daughter did not live.

I learned just how difficult it can be having a child who is autistic, but there are groups of mothers (Delaware) who support each other and share stories. I came to appreciate mothers who look for as many ways as possible to cope and live as normally as possible. Women supporting women.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read O, Yes You Can!.