R. Douglas's Reviews > Bad Luck and Trouble

Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child

Jan 08, 12

Read in July, 2011

This is still my favorite of the many 'Reacher' novels I've read. I've come across arguments online that this series should be read in order, but it hasn't affected my enjoyment of Child's novels, and I can't see that as being important. They stand on there own real well. What I like about this one is it does give a glimpse into Reacher's past as a military cop, before he went off the grid. Having Reacher work with old friends helped to humanize him, and take some of the weight off his shoulders - he didn't have to hold the entire story on his own. As will all the others in the series, Mr. Child's writing seems effortless, making this an easy, quick read. And, like the others, it's damn hart to put down once you've started.

I also love how simply Child can describe his main character. In a number of (if not all) a common sentence is used: "Reacher said nothing." Perfect. In three words the says a whole lot about Jack Reacher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Luck and Trouble.