Malissa's Reviews > Inescapable

Inescapable by Amy A. Bartol

Jan 11, 12

bookshelves: paranormal, young-adult
Read from January 08 to 09, 2012

I don't know why but I was pleasantly surprised by this book. When I first began reading it I worried that it was just going to be another ho-hum YA book, but man was I wrong. I felt the story overall was fast paced and action packed. I LOVE the relationship between Reed and Evie and I am immediately drawn to their characters. I have mixed feelings about Russell, but I think that is just because I love Reed so much. And speaking of Russell the one thing that grated on my nerves the entire book (and into the second book Intuition) is Russell's accent. Not that he has one, but that he uses his Southern accent incorrectly. Being a Southern girl myself it drove me nuts when Russell would use Ya'll to refer to Evie. Ya'll is a plural word and any good Georgia boy would know that, lol!

Considering that was the only thing that bothered me I have no reason not to suggest you read this book. The ending may surprise you as it did me, but it lead perfectly into the second book which was also fantastic I thought. I am looking forward to number 3!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inescapable.