Wendy's Reviews > The Mountain Between Us

The Mountain Between Us by Charles Martin

Jan 08, 12

Read in January, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I read this book for a book club meeting that is coming up in a few weeks but it was not my favorite. It is a story about a man and woman whose plane crashes in the high Unitas mountains of Utah and their struggle for survival. Conveniently enough, the man was a emergency medicine doctor carrying all his camping gear with him on the plane. I had to roll my eyes a few times as the author described the extra gear that just happened to be in the plane. The main character is also flashing back a lot on his relationship with his wife and his formative teenage years. I figured out pretty quick his wife was actually dead but I wasn't supposed to know that until the end when he confesses his love for the girl. All in all, pretty predicable, unbelievable, yet i was compelled to finish it to see if the author could feasible get them out of the mountains. He did. And they lived happily ever after.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mountain Between Us.