Brenda's Reviews > The Alibi Man

The Alibi Man by Tami Hoag

Jun 19, 12

bookshelves: own-read
Read from June 17 to 18, 2012 — I own a copy

Elena Estes was jaded, she’d been hurt, both physically and emotionally, almost killed, put back together again, she’d seen it all...or so she thought!

Elena was an ex-Narcotics cop, and had quit when an incident happened which she took full responsibility for...she was guilty, and couldn’t get past that guilt! Now she worked as a groom, with the one and only thing she loved, her beautiful horses. The morning which was to change her life yet again started out with a wonderful ride, a full on gallop over the hills, through the bush, flat out...the joy was intense. But then her mount began to get skittish, and to her horror, Elena discovered a partly dismembered body, with alligators circling in the brackish canal at her feet.

After calling Detective Landry to the scene, she discovered the body was of someone she knew, someone she called a friend. And suddenly her past was coming back to haunt her...searching for the secrets in the dead girl’s life, she came across the Palm Beach elite, the rich, powerful bad boys. They had a club, which they called The Alibi Club, where they would support their mates, whatever the reason. Amongst these members, she discovered her ex-fiance, and he was definitely one of the bad boys...he’d escaped justice before, with the help of someone she never wanted to see again! To make matters worse, and to add to the complications, the Russian mob was involved, and it seemed Elena was in desperate danger herself.

Suddenly, time was not on their side! Could she and Landry find out who the killer was before it was too late? Or would Elena be responsible for more deaths!

The twists and turns in this thriller are astounding! The final twist shocked me as I didn’t see it coming! I love Tami Hoag’s work, the more of her I read, the more I want to read!

Highly recommended to all the thriller lovers out there!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alibi Man.

06/18/2012 page 174