Tracy's Reviews > Blood Warrior

Blood Warrior by H.D. Gordon

Feb 02, 12

Recommended to Tracy by: R2R
Read in January, 2012

Blood Warrior is the first book in The Alexa Montgomery Saga written by H.D. Gordon. I am not typically a YA super fan & was bracing myself for the typical offering teenage angst but was pleasantly surprised by an action packed paranormal tale with a nice twist on ‘supe’ culture that I think will appeal to the young & adult reader alike.

I do not want to offer any spoilers to the story line, so I will not divulge too much info but will say that Alexa is well written to suit her role as a strong but flawed female lead with great immediate supporting cast characters that includes her sister Nelly & friend / potential love interest Jackson. Of course it does not hurt to have a little tension in the romance department so the undeniable draw that Alexa feels to Kayden completes the potential love triangle.

This is not a lengthy book but it effectively crams into the scant 251 pages a plethora of well written emotive characters with a quick pace that keeps the reader engaged & ultimately made for a great afternoon read that I could not put it down. Be prepared for a cliffhanger ending but luckily enough for us impatient sort of readers the next installment in the saga ‘Half Black Soul’ is available on January 31, 2012.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Warrior.