Tina on the Hill's Reviews > A Hidden Witch

bookshelves: e-book
Recommended to Tina on the Hill by: Debora Geary
Recommended for: Cyn, Shan, Nik
Read from February 03 to 05, 2012, read count: 1

The best time to write a review is immediately after reading the book. Details and the emotions it evoked are fresh. That said, I had to wait until I could see again before writing this one.

I enjoyed Geary's first book in this series, "A Modern Witch". It was funny and sweet and just so enjoyable. With this one I felt so much more. Geary has created a world where the people are so very real, regular everyday life is heartfelt and magic is a part of life. I love how I can say that and have multiple meanings. Geary shares how the magic of life, love, friendship and family help to create who they are and also how "magic" helps to mold the individual and their relationships with others.

The bonds, spoken and unspoken, in the book left me in tears so many times. The depth of emotion evident between the characters was quite palatable. I was blinking back tears for the last few chapters and had to stop at one point just to catch my breath.

Thank you Ms. Geary for writing such an amazing story. I will be looking for your next book and will be suggesting your works for my book club.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Hidden Witch.