Judy's Reviews > The Sometimes Daughter

The Sometimes Daughter by Sherri Wood Emmons

Jan 08, 12

Read in December, 2011

The setting of this book starts out in 1969 at Woodstock . This story is about a relationship between a mother and daughter. The main character was named Sweet Judy Blue Eyes by her mama. Cassie, Judy’s mother, is quite flighty and doesn’t have a problem with starting new relationships before old ones are finished.
Kirk, Judy’s father, is the only stable person in Judy’s life. Cassie flits in and out of Judy’s life throughout this book. Judy aches to have a relationship with Cassie but Cassie can’t or won’t stay in one place for any given time. Cassie is a horrible mother in my opinion. Because of Cassie's relationship with her own parents, Judy missed out on knowing her maternal grandpa and grandma. It was refreshing to know that Judy did have a good relationship with her other grandparents. Judy could always depend on them to care for her and to keep her safe. I didn’t care for the ending of this story because I feel it ended too abruptly. There wasn’t any closure on some of the things that happened in Judy’s and Cassie’s life. A lot of issues were just left up in the air.

The words in this review are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sometimes Daughter.