Kyle Kerns's Reviews > World Without End

World Without End by Ken Follett

Jan 08, 12

bookshelves: 2008, own
Read on January 01, 2008 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Follett again proved through this book that he is a master of characterizations, which is one of my best compliments for a book. Combined with the historical fiction aspect of this book, there’s no wonder I enjoyed it so much. In the beginning, however, I had a harder time with this book. I think it was because I too often found myself wondering why these people were in Kingsbridge, the city that was also the setting of the book’s predecessor, Pillars of the Earth. Again, I had become so knowledgeable of that book’s characters that I found it hard to move on. This book, while oftentimes somewhat predictable due to its similarities to the earlier book, had a great storyline and wonderful characters. I was a little disappointed with the ending, as I think there were a lot of loose ends that were tied up way too quickly and therefore didn’t seem to match the writing of the rest of the book. However, I don’t think this detracted enough from the book to lower my recommendation. I’m looking forward to another sequel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read World Without End.