Gary's Reviews > Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compasionate Conservatism Who Gives, Who Doesn't, and Why It Matters

Who Really Cares by Arthur C. Brooks

Jul 05, 08

Recommended to Gary by: World Magazine
Recommended for: Political junkies, faith people, liberal and conservative zealots
Read in June, 2008

I really enjoyed the findings Brooks had in regard to charitable giving, both money and time, and faith. He showed that people of faith, regardless of conservative or liberal, far out give and give generously to both religious and non-religious causes compared to secular people. He also showed the folks who support government-type intervention, a typical solution of the far left liberal, do not give their time or money to any causes in almost a "Scrooge-like" fashion.

There are greater stats he discusses but he lets the readers know that although he is religious liberal, he has to give the religious converatives a general applause for walking their talk. Moreover he discusses the great economy that works because people of faith give their time and money.

This is a book I found facinating, informative, and worthy to buy even after I had checked out from the library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Who Really Cares.