Danielle Smiley's Reviews > Raised by Wolves

bookshelves: ya-fantasy
Read in January, 2012

Genre: YA Fantasy

My Review:

Wow. Wow. Wow. And I almost didn't read this. See, on a trip to the library to pick up some books I had placed on hold (my favorite way to get library books... no browsing only to find the 1st book in the series is at the branch across town) I happened across this book. But then I got busy and it was return or renew time. I thought I'd return it, but then I opened it, and then I pretty much didn't put it down.

I loved this book. Bryn was a great character and I felt for her every step of the way. She makes mistakes and hurts people she loves, she is hurt by those same people, she deals with the situations before her and she grows into a dynamic leader. This book had no slow, drag-it-out moments and lots of suspense and excitement. There's a bit of predictability involved, but not so much as to annoy a reader. I really loved the ending. I will definitely read the rest of this series.

Cover Art:

Our library places some books face forward on the upper shelves. This was one of them and the cover caught my eye enough that I brought the book home. 'Nuff said.