Steve's Reviews > Magician

Magician by Raymond E. Feist

Jan 08, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, favourites

Pug and Tomas are apprentices, with dreams of glory, imagining themselves heroes, but they are just boys of the keep with only modest prospects. But then one day a mysterious and alien ship is shipwrecked off the coast of Crydee. This is the first sign of an invading army from another world seeking to conquer the Kingdom of Isles, and suddenly the world will never be the same again. Pug and Tomas find that they are propelled by fate towards greater things, all they have to do is survive& [return][return]After a break of several years, I at last return to this classic, one of my all time favourite books. I first read it when I was thirteen, and have read it at least 10 times since then. It has all the hallmarks of a typical fantasy novel � elves, dwarves, magic � but it is very well written the characters come alive as you read the book, and you are quickly transported into another world. And unlike most fantasy books, including most of Feist� s later works, this can, and indeed was originally intended, to be read as a stand alone novel. Voted for by the British public as one of the BBC's Big Read top 100 novels. I can� t recommend this book enough.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magician.