Steve's Reviews > Hercule Poirot's Christmas

Hercule Poirot's Christmas by Agatha Christie

Jan 08, 12

bookshelves: crime

Rich, old Mr Lee has invited all his family back for Christmas, some of whom have not been home for decades. They weren� t a particularly harmonious, indeed, many of them hated each other, but nevertheless they all went home for Christmas. It seemed to go all right for a while, but then Mr Lee was brutally murdered in his own bedchamber. Everyone has a motive, but who killed him? The clues point first one way, then another, and then yet another, until almost all of them are suspects. Hercule Poirot was staying with a police chief constable friend of his, when the murder happens, and both of them go to the aid of the struggling detective inspector who was investigating& [return][return]As with all Agatha Christie books, this is a baffling mystery with very tightly written prose and very interesting characters. You suspect everyone, but can you guess who was the killer before Hercule Poirot? I think I wasn� t as keen on this as I was on Death on the Nile and Murder on the Orient Express, but then the murder went beyond clever into the realm of the extremely improbable. Still, the book was an enjoyable and intriguing read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hercule Poirot's Christmas.