Anne's Reviews > The Dragon Who Loved Me

Jan 08, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, trashy-romance-novel, nook, read-in-2013
Read from January 08, 2012 to March 01, 2013

I strongly suggest you read this series in order. These are not stand-alone romance novels written in the same world. It's an ongoing series that includes one (or more) couples falling for each other...while hacking enemies into bloody bits. Each story in the Dragon Kin series includes a huge cast of characters from previous books that continue to play relevant parts in the story. So seriously...read the other books first if you can.
And that brings us to my problem. My library doesn't carry all of the books. Soooo. I've had to read what I can get my hands on....when I can get my hands on them. Which means that I haven't read them all, and certainly not in order.
Even though this book was enjoyable, I probably would have been able to get more out of it if I wasn't missing hunks of information. But it wouldn't be fair of me to take off stars for something that isn't in any way the author's fault.

I thought both of the main characters in this book were very likable. And like all of the books in the series, there were lots of sweetish/funny moments between the couple. It was definitely a fun read, even if I didn't get all of the references to some of the other characters or plot lines.

Recommended for girls who like a bit of blood and gore with their romance!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dragon Who Loved Me.

Krishna *is a savvy evil overlord*  I've read pretty much all of these books, and yeah, wasn't so much a fan of the romances as opposed to the family dynamics. I like that the women get along so well.

message 2: by Terence (new)

Terence And that brings us to my problem. My library doesn't carry all of the books. Soooo. I've had to read what I can get my hands on....when I can get my hands on them.

Ugh sorry Anne. I hate when my library doesn't have the complete series. I can use inter-library loan for free, but that's as fast as trying to squeeze honey out of a bottle.

Anne Krishna *needs a pink katana* wrote: "I've read pretty much all of these books, and yeah, wasn't so much a fan of the romances as opposed to the family dynamics. I like that the women get along so well."

A lot of it is so over the top with violence, but I still love this series! It's go-to fluff.

Anne Terence wrote: "And that brings us to my problem. My library doesn't carry all of the books. Soooo. I've had to read what I can get my hands on....when I can get my hands on them.

Ugh sorry Anne. I hate when my l..."

Well, at least you can use it for free. Blech. And it's (as you mentioned) sloooooooooow. I wish I could read them all, but I have way too much on my to-read list to worry about it. LOL

message 5: by Titania (new) - added it

Titania Remakes the World see if you can get on your county library network, and order books via the library website & get sent to your local library. That's what I do. Also, see if you live close enough to qualify for multiple county networks, (ask the library people)...and again, order via the library website and get them sent to the closest library. I had to ask, nobody volunteered this info. Also see if Oyster.com has them.

message 6: by Titania (new) - added it

Titania Remakes the World never mind about Oyster.com, I meant a paid ebook subscription service