Doug Bower's Reviews > Pressed

Pressed by William Esmont

M 50x66
Jan 08, 2012

Read in January, 2012

Pressed is the second book in the series starting right where Patriot Paradox ended. Kurt and Amanda with the President being recognized for there efforts when the strategic early warning system indicates a national emergency and they are wisked away with the President to the national emergency bunker at Mount Weather (this is where Patriot Paradox ends). It is soon learned that the system had been hacked and with the CIA in disarray Kurt and Amanda with the help of Darlene Foster from the National Security Administration are asked to lead the efforts to find the hackers. What they soon learn is that there is actually a nuclear threat that they must also address. Thngs quickly become more complicated. I loved Patriot Paradox and truly enjoyed this book as well. The characters are well developed - I really like the characters of Kurt, Amanda, and Dominic. The storyline is interesting and action packed (reminds me a bit of the action in the TV series 24). The author really makes you feel part of the story. The book is quite short and the author tries very hard to provide enough background information to allow it to standalone or at least allow the reader to get back into the story but it makes the reading a bit disjointed at times and I would have found it very hard to follow with out reading the first book in the series. Readers really need to read Patriot Paradox first. I must also admit that I was a bit disappointed with the ending but it is set up for the next book in the series. I look forward to reading more. This series is a quick, easy read that should not be missed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pressed.